Friday, May 19, 2017

Cien Nail polish review

Everyone has their own favorite grocery store and mine is Lidl. They are all over where I live and all the surrounding countries, which makes me so happy since I know that no matter where I am I can always count on getting all I need for a great price! 
They always get me hooked on all type of special offers of food and drinks from all over the world. But recently they started offering even more items, from the fashion, home living and beauty world. And you guys ... even nail polish! Can you imagine how happy I was to get my claws on their entire collection? 

They are from a brand named Cien and I knew their brand from before since I got their shower gels that were mesmerizing - so soft and intoxicating smelling. So I have high hopes for the polishes. Just so you know it is not common to stumble upon nail polish in a grocery store here, so to have the luxury to pick up some cosmetics while shopping for food is amazing to me. 


The collection features 5 nail polishes and 1 top coat polish, they come at a 1,49€ for a 11ml bottle. Quite cheap - which scared me a bit, I did not expect much quality ... but I was super wrong about that, should have known since they are made in Germany a land known for high quality products. 
The polish formula is quite normal, no strange smells or any bleeding pigment issues. Meaning the application and the removal of them was simple + problem free. 
The brushes can rival any other cosmetic store brand, since they feature a rounded shape and soft bristles that make application easy and fast. The drying time was impressive, a lot of high end brands can't come up with this type of quick drying time. 

I didn't create and extra picture with just the top coat since that just does not make sense. But I used it over every swatch. It was drying just as quick as the colored polish and it did not destroy my stamping manicure which is always the most important test for me. The shine it created was quite impressive and it helped with the tip wear.


First shade is Metallic rose. OMG! Another perfect rose gold metallic polish. This is a shade so hard to get right and Cien pulled it off! But it did dry a bit streaky as you can see. I guess I should have applied it differently? Or maybe shake the bottle a bit more violently? But no matter I still like how it turned out and it took only 1 coat for full opacity. 


Red carpet is the most classic fire engine red shade you can think of. A staple in every nail polish collection. I rather liked it since it is pure red pigment of the jelly type. It took 2 layers to make these swatches. And with the top coat the shine is blinding, I recommend it to any lady on the go.


Berry passion is a chic dark berry violet shade. A lovely vampy creme with slight blue undertones. Since it is such a dark shade it took only one thick coat for full coverage, once more I created a swatch without any problems. I was worried that it might smudge my cuticles upon removal, but I had no such problems. 


Nude brown has a slightly misleading name. It is a sandy brown type of nude, so if you are very pale like me it does not look like a nude shade at all. But still it is a very neat creme full of pigment and no shimmer. For this swatch I used 2 coats. 


Lastly there is Frenchlook rose, a romantic almost white pastel nude. A very annoying color to work with if you don't like these type of shades, it is very sheer and a bit problematic for application, you need to either make very thick layers or very thin ones. I choose to create 4 very thick layers to gain the full opacity look, with that the drying time got a bit longer but well worth the wait.



So my final verdict is that these polishes are well worth the price. They are easy to use, and of a very high quality. And what is more fun than while buying some wine also getting the perfect red nail polish for date night? Or if your lady is a bit angry at you at home - get her some chocolates (Lidl has killer chocolates) and a full collection of this polish - I bet you will be in her good graces in no time ;)

Feel free to check out more about Cien and Lidl on their pages, and social media. They are very active and if you are a Slovenian reader follow them and get all the fresh information for their many discount prices and sweeps.


xoxo
gin

*these items were sent to me for my honest review* 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...